- Denecke K: Event-driven Surveillance: Possibilities and Challenges. Springer Briefs in Computer Science, Springer, Heidelberg, ISBN 978-3-642-28134-1, March 2012
- Denecke K, Dolog P, Smrz P: Making use of social media data in public health. Alain Mille et al. (Eds.): Proceedings of the 21st World Wide Web Conference, WWW 2012, Lyon, France, April 16-20, 2012, pp. 243-246.
- Diaz-Aviles E, Stewart A: Tracking Twitter for Epidemic Intelligence. Case Study: EHEC/HUS Outbreak in Germany, 2011. ACM WebSci 2012 - 4th International Conference on Web Science. June 22-24, 2012. Evanston, IL, USA.
- Diaz-Aviles E, Stewart A, Velasco E, Denecke K, Nejdl W: Towards Personalized Learning to Rank for Epidemic Intelligence Based on Social Media Streams. Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on World Wide Web, WWW 2012, Lyon, France, April 16 - 20, 2012.
- Diaz-Aviles E, Stewart A, Velasco E, Denecke K, Nejdl W: Epidemic Intelligence for the Crowd, by the Crowd. The Sixth International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media ICWSM2012. Dublin, Ireland, June 4 - 7, 2012
- Lage R, Durao F, Dolog P: Towards Effective Group Recommendations for Microblogging Users. 27th Symposium on Applied Computing 2012, March 26-30, 2012, Riva del Garda (Trento), Italy
- Sofean M, Stewart A, Smith M, Denecke K: Medical Case-Driven Classification of Microblogs: Characteristics and Annotation. ACM SIGHIT International Health Informatics Symposium (IHI 2012)
- Denecke K, Diaz-Aviles E, Dolog P, Eckmanns T, Fisichella M, Gomez-Lage R, Linge J, Smrz P, Stewart A. The Medical Ecosystem [M-Eco] Project: Personalized Event-based Surveillance. International Meeting on Emerging Diseases. (IMED 2011), February 4-7, 2011, Vienna, Austria
- Denecke K, Dreesman J: Challenges for Signal Generation from Medical Social Media Data. In: Proceedings of the XXIII International Conference of the European Federation for Medical Informatics (MIE 2011), 28-31.August, 2011, Oslo, Norway.
- Denecke K, Kirchner G, Dolog P, Smrz P, Linge J, Backfried G, Dreesman J: Event-driven Architecture for Health Event Detection from Multiple Sources. In: Proceedings of the XXIII International Conference of the European Federation for Medical Informatics (MIE 2011), 28-31.August, 2011, Oslo, Norway.
- Denecke K, Stewart A. Learning from Medical Social Media Data: Current State and Future Challenges. In: White B, King I, Tsang P: Social Computing in Higher Learning Environments: How Media, Tools, and Platforms Change Learner’s Behaviour. Springer Verlag, Heidelberg, March 2011
- Denecke K, Stewart A. Are we Ready for New Challenges in Epidemic Intelligence? International Meeting on Emerging Diseases. (IMED 2011), February 4-7, 2011, Vienna, Austria
- Denecke K, Sofean M: Zur Relevanz von Twitternachrichten für die Unterstützung epidemiologischer Surveillance. 56. Jahrestagung der GMDS. Mainz. September 2011
- Durao F, Dolog P, Lage R, Leginus M: SimSpectrum: A Similarity Based Spectral Clustering Approach to Generate a Tag Cloud. First International Workshop on Search, Exploration and Navigation of Web Data Sources Co-located with ICWE 2011 (Intl. Conference on Web Engineering, June 20-24, Paphos, Cyprus).
- Fisichella M, Stewart A, Cuzzocrea A, Denecke K:Detecting Health Events on the Social Web to Enable Epidemic Intelligence. SPIRE 2011: the 18th edition of the International Symposium on String Processing and Information Retrieval, October 17-21, 2011 – Pisa, Tuscany, Italy
- Gu Y, Xu G, Dolog P, Yang Z and Kitsuregawa M: Group Extraction and Fusion: Towards Effective Recommendation in a Social Annotation System, 20th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2011), 28th March 28 – April 1, 2011, Hyderabad, India (Poster).
- Krieck M, Dreesman J, Otrusina L, Denecke K:
A New Age of Public Health: Identifying Disease Outbreaks by Analyzing Tweets. Health WebScience Workshop, ACM Web Science Conference, Koblenz, Germany, http://www.websci11.org/fileadmin/websci/Papers/Health_WS_Workshop-Ident...
- Lage R, Durao F, Dolog P, Stewart A: Applicability of Recommender Systems to Medical Surveillance Systems. In: Denecke K, Dolog P (Eds.): Proceedings of the Second Workshop on Webscience and Information Exchange (MedEx 2011), ACM, Glasgow, UK, October 2011
- Lage R, Diaz-Aviles E, Stewart A, Dolog P: Personalized event-based surveillance and alerting support for the assessment of risk. International Meeting on Emerging Diseases and Surveillance (IMED 2011), Vienna, Austria, February 4-7, 2011
- Linge JP, Mantero J, Fuart F, Belyaeva J, Atkinson M, van der Goot ETracking Media Reports on the Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O104:H4 outbreak in Germany. 4th ICST International Conference on eHealth, Malaga, Spain, 21-23 November 2011
- Pan R, Xu G, Dolog P: Improving Recommendations in Tag-based Systems with Spectral Clustering of Tag Neighbors. The 3rd FTRA International Conference on Computer Science and its Applications (CSA-11), Jeju, Korea, December 12-15, 2011.
- Smrz P, Otrusina L:Finding Indicators of Epidemiological Events by Analyzing Messages from Twitter and Other Social Media. In: Denecke K, Dolog P (Eds.): Proceedings of the Second Workshop on Webscience and Information Exchange (MedEx 2011), ACM, Glasgow, UK, October 2011
- Stewart A, Denecke K. Pattern Detection for Social Media-Based Epidemic Intelligence: A User Study. International Meeting on Emerging Diseases. (IMED 2011), February 4-7, 2011, Vienna, Austria
- Stewart A, Herder E, Smith M, Nejdl W: A user study on public health events detected within the medical ecosystem. Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies Conference (DEST), 2011, Daejeon, 127-32
- Stewart A, Nejdl W: Exploiting the Language of Moderated Sources for Cross-Classification of User Generated Content. 7th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST), May 6-9, 2011, Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands.
- Velasco E, Krieck M, Otrusina L, Bazoche F, Linge J, Eckmanns T, Dreesman J. Social Media and Epidemiology: tweets indicate Norovirus outbreak at a unversity, European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. (ECCMID 2011), 7-10 May, 2011, Milan, Italy.
- Velasco E, Krieck M, Otrusina L, Bazoche F, Linge J, Eckmanns T, Dreesman J. Social Media and Epidemiology: tweets indicate Norovirus outbreak at a unversity, International Meeting on Emerging Diseases. (IMED 2011), February 4-7, 2011, Vienna, Austria
- Xu G, Gu Y, Dolog P, Zhang Y and Kitsuregawa M. SemRec: A Semantic Enhancement Framework for Tag based Recommendation, in the Proceedings of Twenty-Fifth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-11), August 7 - 11, 2011, in San Francisco, California, USA
- Xu G, Zong Y, Pan R, Dolog P, Jin P: On Kernel Information Propagation for Tag Clustering in Social Annotation Systems. 15th International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems, 12, 13 & 14 September 2011, Kaiserslautern, Germany.
- Bayyapu KR, Dolog P: Tag and Neighbour Based Recommender System for Medical Events. Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Web Science and Information Exchange in the Medical Web, MedEx 2010, Raleigh, NC, USA, April 26, 2010
- Denecke K, Stewart A, Eckmanns T, Faensen D, Dolog P, Smrz P: The Medical Ecosystem - Personalised Event-based Surveilllance. In Proceedings of the 13th World Congress on Medical and Health Informatics Medinfo 2010, 12-15th September 2010, Cape Town, South Africa
- Denecke K, Dolog P, Smrz P, Linge J, Nejdl W, Stewart A: Using Web Data in the Medical Domain. Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Web Science and Information Exchange in the Medical Web, MedEx 2010 Raleigh, NC, USA, April 26, 2010, CEUR-WS.org, online CEUR-WS/Vol-572/
- Denecke K, Eckmanns T, Dolog P, Stewart A: Multimedia- und Web 2.0-Daten zur frühzeitigen Erkennung von Krankheitsausbrüchen. 55. Jahrestagung der GMDS. Mannheim. September 2010
- Fisichella M, Stewart A, Denecke K, Nejdl W: Unsupervised Public Health Event Detection for Epidemic Intelligence. CIKM’10, October 25-29, 2010, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Poster
- Otrusina L and Smrz P: A New Approach to Pseudoword Generation. Proceedings of the Seventh conference on International Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC'10)}, May 2010, Valletta, Malta
- Pan, R., Xu, G. & Dolog, P.: User and Document Group Approach of Clustering in Tagging Systems, 2010 Proceeding of The 18th Intl. Workshop on Personalization and Recommendation on the Web and Beyond
- Stewart A, Fisichella M, Denecke K, Nejdl W: Detecting Public Health Indicators from the Web for Epidemic Intelligence. 3rd International Conference on Electronic Healthcare (eHealth 2010), December 13-15, 2010, Casablanca, Morocco
- Stewart A, Denecke K, Nejdl W: Cross-Corpus Textual Entailment for Sublanguage Analysis in Epidemic Intelligence. The 7th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation LREC 2010, May 19-21, Malta
- Stewart A, Denecke K: Can ProMED-mail Bootstrap Blogs? Automatic Labeling of Victim-reporting Sentences. Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Web Science and Information Exchange in the Medical Web, MedEx 2010, Raleigh, NC, USA, April 26, 2010
- Stewart A, Denecke K: Using ProMED Mail and MedWorm Blogs for Cross-Domain Pattern Analysis in Epidemic Intelligence. In: The 13th World Congress on Medical and Health Informatics Medinfo 2010 to be held from 12-15th September 2010 at the Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Xu, G., Zong, Y., Dolog, P. & Zhang, Y.: Co-clustering Analysis of Weblogs Using Bipartite Spectral Projection Approach, 2010 Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems 14th International Conference, KES 2010, Cardiff, UK, September 8-10, 2010, Proceedings, Part III. Setchi, R., Jordanov, I., Howlett, R. J. & Jain, L. C. (eds.). 6278. Germany : Springer Berlin / Heidelberg p. 398. 10 p
- Zong Y, Xu G, Dolog P and Zhang Y: Co-Clustering for Weblogs in Semantic Space. In the proceedings of 11th international Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering (WISE’10), Dec 12-14, 2010, Hong Kong, China, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2010, Volume 6488/2010, 120-127
M-Eco Portal Services and the SurvNet Client (D7.3)
M-Eco Media Content Analysis (D3.3)